Monday, July 17, 2006

the rumor mill.

Have any of you been talking to a friend and all of a sudden they say "oh I heard", and you are thinking what? who told you that? well in the last year I have been told everything from I am getting divorced(without me or my wife knowing hmm!) to moving countries ,being in the wrong country ,and even my parents swearing on a stack of bibles that Iwas moving in with them in two weeks. well to put it all straight let's see, oh ok I am not on steroids( barry may protest) I no longer beat people up for a living,I am not getting divorced(lord willing,pleeeaase) I do not live in canada, nor do I have one eye, or green all over, I think I am not an ogre aka shreik ,nor have I made secret pacts with sinister forces ha. well now that thats all to rest,I wonder what is gossip is it information misconstrued? is it even needfull? or nessesary? I for one have had a lot of gossip said about me and most of the time it only caused pain, hurt or disapointment that someone you love betrayed your trust. I know everyone has been hurt bye It to some extent whether great or small it seems the feathers keep fluttering.many see it as "just needfull info" or something everyone should know, but to those of you I wonder did you ever stop to think that if it truly needed to be known; that the person it concerns would have told everyone? I know I have made mistakes on this line and I know no one is perfect,but maybe if we stopped to think,about how we would like it if situations where reversed . and where honest with ourselves on that score.


No one likes to have thier dirty laundry or secrets paraded before all. in essense its doing unto others as we would that others do to us.The law of love, thats what it boils down too.how many of our brothers or sisters mate and friend have gone through and continue to go through immense battles because of those little whispers"oh did you hear about so and so"oh it was so funy what happen to her". relationships, slip ups ,embarrassing moments,trials etc. we should be praying for our bretheren lifting them up,if you know something about someone pray for them ask the lord blessing on them etc. you can turn that "news" into a prayer for them. when you talk about them speak as how you would want others to speak of you.It's wonderful and inspiring when you hear oh so and so said this really nice thing about you,but on the other hand it can really hit you when instead you hear about something bad said about you . soI this vein I ask you "if you have a question ask the source don't conjecture or assume , or better yet just pray . whatsoever things are good, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever thing are of good report.If there be any virtue,if there be any praise think on these things.

5 comments:

Queen of Clubs said...

Thanks for gettin all that out in the open.. I for one haven't heard any big rumors like that about you... and I'm sorry about some of that stuff.. but I agree with it.. STOP THE GOSSIP!!

Anonymous said...

Mike, QUESTION: What are your ideas on someone within the family calling someone else 'ungodly'? For one reason or another. Do you have some different pointers on that?

Kronk's Groove said...

well I don't think anyone in the family is ungodly, so that may not only be incorrect but mean and hurtful as well

Anonymous said...

It's helpful to remember that if and when you're in a conversation with someone, going on and on with them telling you all this "juicy" and possibly hurtful gossip, that same person is likely to talk the very same way about YOU to others as well.

Teacup said...

Whole heartedly agree!