Thursday, August 10, 2006

ramblings of a soulful man

I know this may sound special or foreign to many of you, but in my case it is well its a too often occurance.well what are you talking about?you may say ; well I'll tell you .feeling alone. have you ever sat in a room and felt completely alone?well I have ,and let me tell you it's not fun ha.Im kinda the one where after a long time of knowing me you get to like me, eather I wear off on you or wear you down ha.anyhoo I have the lord so the rest is good , but this also means I usually have alot of time with my own thoughts, and today I was reading over the SGA seminar application form and on the bottom it says(pray and ask the lord if you should have dates at the seminar,and whats your guidelines etc) anyhoo I am sitting here thinking , ha snicker, no need ; it won't happen anyhoo ha.this may be a bit of a grim way to look at it but,honestly do you ever get the feeling when you talk to a attractive person and they say "oh I really judge how much I like a person on their personality",and you get the funny feeling personality means:18-23 ,single, really good looking and ripped,slim,purdy etc.so all of which I do not posses he he . so I content myself with knowing I am happy with the way the lord has me now(well I am working on the happiness)and be content to know that I will get to spend many evenings with my husband and lover.maybe I am just a little out of practice with the having close friends and affection thing,who can say , or maybe I am a little afraid of rejection who knows many reasons you could say for this and they may all be partially true. but at least for me ( and many may call me coward)that I see others and feel I don't measure up and don't want the embarrasment of the jokes I hear so many say behind my back when they think I can't hear. so I choose the less painful proceedure of being withdrawn,which has been good and bad. as it has taught me to be closer to the lord and lean more on his love, but at the same time feeling well......... wishfull of companionship for lack of a better term . and this being all encompassing, someone to talk to ,to have affection(not speaking of sex here)to understand and pray for you .to cuddle and love the lord with etc, do'es anyone else ever feel this way?I was boxing the other day and one of the ya girls in my home came out and read to me as I was boxing, and although its not quality word time. when someone takes the time to do something like that it means alot.more so than many other things because it shows friendship and a love for one another beyond sex or the flesh , but rather its the giving of a part of your life and to be there for someone. anyhow I am drifting but all to say I am thankful for the lord and those of my greater family who lay down their lives for each other to show love in every way each day.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike...stop.

Stop listening to Satan.

You are awesome, cool, and sincere. And I highly doubt a girl would turn down a date with you.

I mean, you are like Samson ... and Kronk.

Who doesn't love a person like that.

I digress.

Sonia Lee said...

Well, it it makes any difference to you, I think you are sexy.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I tend to agree on what Ruthie said - at least the last part.... all you have to do is ask MiKe. I would accept if I were asked. HEe, that is IF I were.:)

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes please no more
"ramblings of a soulful man!"
Be asured that people love and like you and that you could get a date if you really wanted to.
We all have our "lonely moments" when we feel out of place or feel like we are not well thought of. But that's part of life no? So on to better and brighter things...amen?
Be Happy...your LOVED

Anonymous said...

Hello??? If you were very UGLY and unattractive, I would understand the reason for this post.

Yes, you are definitely listening to Satan.

Kronk's Groove said...

I think you missed my point and thanks for whoever though i AM LIstening to satan.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that it is 'listening to satan' I think that is more of the Self Righteous way of looking at it.... Everyone one has trials and things they go through. I don't think Mike is listening to the devil and I wouldn't consider Mike a 'drop dead georgeous guy'. He is cute, and he has good looks but its more of the spirit behind the looks that should really make the difference. Those who think that someone is 'listening to the devil' must not really have much experience with much in the area of real/true or inconcere love. Because there are really both kids. I totally understand you Mike. I know what you are speaking about. GBY!

Anonymous said...

OOPPPs... I didn't proof read it before i posted it.. there are some typos'. :)

Anonymous said...

Mike...I'm sorry.

I was only joking about the satan thing. I didn't realize that I would have 7 comments follow my train of thought.

Please forgive me?

And start being original people. heh

Kronk's Groove said...

no prob ruthie I love you tons ,smooches and love darlin.

Anonymous said...

If only we could see ourselves the way others see us. If only we could see beyond our own fears and see that everyone else has them as well.

Keep your chin up, Mike. This is something I fight constantly, so I don't really have any wonderful advice for you. But I do love you, and I pray for you often. xoxo

Let your heart dictate what beauty is. Dare to think beyond what man has dictated. Dare to be what God has made you to be. You will know and behold true beauty when you love what God deems beautiful

Anonymous said...

GBY mike, you know i love you.

Anonymous said...

hahaha...oops...yeah should have clarified that. when I agreed with you "listening to satan"...it was purely in jest...ahahahaha...Lord forgive all of us sinners....GB you guys. We all listen to the Devil, hey...even Jesus did for a bit....He listened, but didn't lament and then He wacked him hard...and that's what we're all supposed to do...ahahahaha....I am joking of course...I think you're being very positive about yourself and life, and it shows in your posts...heh...you even joined the Praise Time on my blog, Mike! Cheers!

Gabe Rucker said...

GBY Mike! I can relate to everything you shared. Am praying for you bro!