Friday, October 27, 2006

A little ditty.

This rhyme I write whether white or right, here I do not go wrong. I speak and joke on a serious note, so here I go on. I may not have the anointing of a flaming prophet or two; I may not be slain in the spirit in a musty old Baptist pew. But I can be a holey old holey & serve as the toilet that I am, are you? I may not be a big leader, or the Alfa omega it’s true, I may never have title or talent. But I can win a soul or two. I may not be a flaming evangelist or heal all the sick in a row. But I can claim the keys and the spirit helpers for every person I know. I may not work wonders and miracles, or be a famous rock star who rules. But I can be faithful in Jesus, and always to him be true. I may never be the shining example, of righteousness without shame. But I can be his humble servant, and the vessel he has remade. All this to say I’m imperfect, a vessel flawed and remade. But through all this I love my Jesus and will follow him day by day. So worry not if you’re not perfect or have blemishes day by day, for god uses all us toilets to win the world every day. So cheer up and strike out with Jesus and forget about your problems and pain. Be a holy hole for our Jesus, don’t worry about title or fame, just do your best and be happy, and praise him with every refrain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was really cute Mike!

don't say you have no talent... you wrote a wonderful poem!