Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Greater faith.

This last week my dear wife Marieanne took a turn for the worse with her health,we spent a day in the hospital to stabilize her.I broke down that night, i had been on the road for a few days and it was a shock to me when i got home.
It put many things in perspective for me,the petty squables or irritations of others,financial battles etc all seemed to pale in comparison with the fear of loosing her.
over the last 3 years we have fough this battle with her health but only twice have i felt i was really going to lose her and this was one of them.when we got home that night i broke down crying i have come so close so many times to giving up and each time the lord gave me strength to keep going. marieanne is the greatest sample to me of one who will never give up the fight,she has fought a good fight truly.
i stopped to hear from the lord and this is what he gave me.(jesus speaking)My son, greater faith is the ability to see beyond your own limitations. when you try to work in the arm of the flesh or figure things out or deal with them on your own you are in a box of limitations and boundries.Only when you let go and let me work in you with any of you getting in the way; then I can give you greater faith, then I can expand your horizons and then I can do a miracle. You can not have greater faith in the flesh no matter how much you want it, no matter even how much you deserve it. My gift of greater faith for you is contingent on you being empty of yourself, broken and willing to be remade as a vessel of my use. The desperation you lack is a result of an acceptance of the boundaries, the limitations thinking that (well that’s all that can be done) ask yourself “do I really believe I can raise the dead”? Well of course you can’t, but me in you with the gift of greater faith can that’s what you must have to pull down my miracles for you. Right now ask me to break you and remake you in my boundaries, to give you the greater faith, and to make you into the vessel I see you to be. I love you my beautiful and most intimate bride. I want to thank all of you for your prayers and encouragement, they mean more to me and marieanne than you will ever know. love mike

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, I dont know, but just wanted to let you know Im praying for you and for Marianne. God bless you. Renae

Anonymous said...

well, I don't know you, but you seem to be a real sweet person, and I will pray that your wife can get better..if I may ask what does she have?

Kronk's Groove said...

chrohns colitus

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
This is Becca.
It was so nice seeing you recently, We really love you and Marianne and are having desperate prayer for her and I wanted to add that I really admire your strength and faith.

Much Much Love and Prayers,
Becca

Anonymous said...

Mike and Marianne, you are both tops in my books, don't think that I would have quite the same take on the situation that you both have. You guys are such an example to me, I am sure that the Lord will bless the faith that you hold onto so dearly! And Mike, thanks for sharing your prophies like that, very faith building to say the least!

Unknown said...

I love you Mike.We are all faithfully praying for Marrianne,and you as well.
Nicole.

Jaz, Clare and Dune said...

Made me cry. I have been praying for her and will continue to do so. Lot's of love from Clare

Queen of Clubs said...

praying for u hunny!!! luv u tons

michael said...

Hi Mike,
praying for you for you and Marianne everyday day. Really admire you guys

michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yes Mike,
All of us here are keeping you and Marianne in our prayers as well. Love and admire you so much...
-Lani

Xact Claims Services said...

That made me cry. Ever since I found out about marianne, me and my sisters have been praying for her every time we see a photo of her or hear her name being mentioned. We don't know her or even met her, but what she has must be super rough so we got really convicted and have been praying for her ever since.

I've never seen so much love being shown by a husband before, it's really sweet and touching for me. God bless you mike! I really admire you...