Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A prayer of thanks.

Oh my love I thank You, for the times when I think all is lost; because then I understand that only You can light my way. Thank You for the times I am lonely, so that I may learn more the treasure of Your love. Thank You for the times I feel ugly, for then I trully appreciate Your beauty that shines through. Thank You for my times of affliction , that I may learn the gift of the stripes whereby I am healed. I thank You for the times when I am discouraged and at the end of my rope, because then I can learn to praise You more. Thank You for the battles, because they make me strong. Thank You for the anguish and trials of the soul, for then I learn the value of a soft and tender soul made moldable by You. I thank You for the breakings, for then I am remade in Your likeness. I thank You for Your love, which carries me through each day; and I thank You for each morning a chance anew to serve, to give of myself blindly without care or greed.I ask only one thing my Lord and love, tis nothing for myself . I pray only that I may be called worthy to serve You, in the good times and bad; and at the end of the road to hear You say "My love you have made Me glad".

No comments: